I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE CASH

I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE CASH.COM is a site and blog, sharing my experience quitting the booze.

Friday 27 November 2009

Grumpy Bollocks and attending the theatre

Hello People,

Nice to see I have a couple of followers and most people are enjoying the blog. Apparently I have some grammar mistakes, I apologise now, but I didn't have the best schooling. It wasn't until I hit 18 that my reading age was the same as my age.... My IQ isn’t much brighter.

Anyhoo, so yesterday I had a bit of a shitty day. The annoying thing is, I haven’t made this blog anonymous, so I can't actually tell you all everything in case those people I am talking about read it...

But, i had a shitty day. I was a grumpy bollocks all day, even though I was meeting my friend in the West End as we had comp tickets for Hairspray - the Musical.

So, I left work and met Nathan. He is still a drinker, and offered me a glass of wine, forgetting about my drastic life change. I am not going to lie to you, I was tempted. You know when you have that mid week moment, where for a split second you think "Fuck It?”. I can imagine it’s that wild little rock chic in me that likes to think I am Sarah Harding, and I can wake up and still look gorgeous after going out on one... But, I am a tee total-er now. So I had to settle for diet coke (slowly weaning myself off the Redbull – it was causing me problems! Mainly wee-ing issues)

Nathan was in a buzzing mood... singing in the streets (a habit I seemed to have picked up on by 11pm) and we headed over to Hairspray, feeling a little more uplifted. Although his Vodka Diet cokes might have perked him up, it was purely his personality that cheered me up.
The show was AMAZING! I am big Phill Jupitus fan anyway, working in comedy and all… but he was just OUTSTANDING! He looked like a mates mum I grew up with though, you know those large,loud, boisterous mums that stood around in the council estate? He was that woman! (Still mentioning no names, although I’m sure she still wouldn’t be able to work a computer!)…

But his singing was ok, his acting was top notch, and the whole production completely wowed me!
So I left the theatre, and imagined Nathan meeting some of his mates in the cast, and all heading back to his bar in Soho and having a few drinks, and you know what, because of the day I had, I couldn’t tempt myself. I thought, if there was one day I would break, this could be it.

So I came home, and called my boyfriend in France for two hours instead.

Willpower is being tested a bit; I won’t lie to you, but so far, so good.

BTW some of you keep asking me questions on Twitter or FB, feel free to ask away.

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment