I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE CASH

I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE CASH.COM is a site and blog, sharing my experience quitting the booze.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

My first sober christmas...

Well, clearly I spent my age 0 - 14 sober aswell... but its been a while since I can actually remember what occured Xmas eve....

So, as most of you know from my tweets, I spent Christmas with my BF in the South of France. It was awesome, relaxing and fun - and I didn't miss drinking one minute.

Ok, I did for ONE MINUTE. But let me explain what that minute was.

I am walking in one of the supermarkets, where EVERYTHING in Nice is ridiculously expensive, and I see the price tag 1.78e ... Hmm, something for less than two euros, what could that be? And it was red wine. Even in France, cheese is overpriced, yet here I was gauping at the wine shelf with this lovely red wine, and these lovely prices, and for ONE MINUTE I thought how lovely it would be to have one glass.
But then its never really one glass is it? Its 5 glasses and a hangover. So, I carried on walking and probably spent the afternoon eating chocolate crepes, a hobbie I thoroughly enjoyed partaking in whilst away.

We spent new years in a super club in Juan Na Pas (cannot spell it) and was quite happy I wasn't drinking as the prices were silly, and the rest of the two weeks eating, vegging out and watching movies.

So, sobriety is good - snow on the other hand, is crap.

Currently at work, everyone has left as they live out of london and must not miss the trains, and for the first time, I am annoyed at myself for living in Zone 2...

If for some remarkable reason you are reading this and do not follow me on Twitter, do so...

www.twitter.com/ginalyons

Anyhoo, going to get myself a new life and start blogging about something a bit more interesting. Z list party anyone??

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment